Lets face it, we are all looking for ways to increase our trucks mileage, be it air deflector strips, making sure our tire pressure is right or lowering the tailgate to improve aerodynamics. Below are some tips we have picked up along the way which have helped us save a few $’s and improve our trucks performance at the same time!
- How to get better gas mileage?
- 1. Always use quality fuel
- 2. Use the least Octane Grade
- 3. Calculate Miles Per Gallon ‘MPG’.
- 4. Calculate Miles Per Dollar ’MPD’.
- 5. Replace Air Filter each Oil Change
- 6. Unload your trunk or SUV
- 7. Use Larger than standard tires
- 8. Keep your speed constant
- 9. Avoid fast starts
- 10. Change spark plugs & O2 Sensor
- 11. Drive with the tailgate down
- Want to get serious about energy efficiency?
- Octane Booster FAQs
How to get better gas mileage?
1. Always use quality fuel
2. Use the least Octane Grade
3. Calculate Miles Per Gallon ‘MPG’.
4. Calculate Miles Per Dollar ’MPD’.
5. Replace Air Filter each Oil Change
6. Unload your trunk or SUV
7. Use Larger than standard tires
8. Keep your speed constant
9. Avoid fast starts
10. Change spark plugs & O2 Sensor
11. Drive with the tailgate down
Want to get serious about energy efficiency?
- Purchase an octane booster by the gallon. This gives you a saving of around 50% and you can simply add it whenever you fill up your vehicle.
- The air filter is one of the most important part of fuel economy. Make sure it is replaced at each oil change.
- Consider increasing the height of your tires. Most vehicles are ‘geared’ too low. Octane boosters will give the extra horsepower and torque you need. With taller tires your engine RPM will decrease giving you even more Miles per Gallon. You can get considerable savings by visiting our partner The Tire Rack. To help figure taller tire size click here.
- Drive like there is an egg between your foot and the gas pedal.
Octane Booster FAQs
Will it harm my engine?
Not at all fuel additives can be used safely in all engines that run on gasoline and diesel. It is safe for O2 sensors and catalytic converters. It actually helps the converter to eliminate harmful unburned hydrocarbons from entering the atmosphere. It cleans the carbon off of spark plugs giving you increased performance, more horsepower and easier startups.
How does it lower emissions?
Octane boosters increase the thermal efficiency of engine combustion. This means that more fuel is converted into usable energy rather than being wasted out the exhaust and decreases emissions 15 to 30%.
Does it work for all vehicles?
Yes, regardless of the age or type, fuel additives will increase mileage 20 to 35%. It works for motorcycles, boats, lawnmowers and any engine running on gasoline or diesel. It can also be used for tractors and large equipment.
How soon does it work?
It will begin to work immediately. In some newer models, the onboard computers are set to default each 1,000 miles, or about 3 to 4 tanks. The computer will then reset itself to take full advantage of the increased thermal efficiency.
What if I spill it?
Be careful not to spill it on any painted surface. Wipe spills immediately. The ingredients in octane boosters are not considered VOC (volatile organic compounds) by the EPA. Use in well ventilated area.
Do I still need other fuel additives?
No other fuel additives or injector cleaners are needed as pretty much all octane boosters also clean the carburetor, injectors and plugs.